Instagram Story Music: Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking service owned by Facebook, Inc. Instagram is one of the leading social communities to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.
Whether you love posting selfies or vacation snaps, or you’re just there for the cute dog pics or the yummy recipes, the popular social media app likely has some form of entertainment for you to consume.
Most Instagram users also take advantage of the Instagram Stories feature, which allows you to post 15-second snippets of video or photos and add in fun things like gifs, emojis, and even music.
But how do you add music to your Instagram Stories?
It’s a quick and easy process that you’ll pick up in no time. Here’s how to do it on your iPhone or Android.
1. On your iPhone or Android’s home screen, locate the Instagram icon and tap to open the app.
2. Swipe left from your feed’s home screen to open the Stories feature.
3. Either take or select the photo or video you want to post to your Instagram Story.
4. In the menu bar along the top of your screen, tap the small square smiley icon, which looks like a Post-It being peeled away.
Tap the square smiley icon. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
5. Tap the Music option. Then, in the search box which appears, type in the song you want to include on your Instagram Story.
Select the Music option. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
6. Tap on the selected song when it appears on the list and drag the small bar at the bottom of the screen to the segment of the song you want on your Story.
Set up to 15 seconds of your song and choose from the text caption or album art options. Jennifer Still/Business Insider
7. Hit Done when finished, then post your Story as normal.
Lost your password?
Sign me up for the newsletter!